Monday, February 18, 2008

As the Crow Flys



With the launch of my new book came the launch of a new obsession over the crows feet staring back at me in every photograph and in every television appearance.

Those devilish lines never bothered me much, until now. Not one to leave well enough alone, I decided to do something about it. I called in a master photoshoper and set him loose. The result-fantastic!! The problem, they're still there when I look in the mirror.

Oh what, oh what is a girl to do? I know. I'll inject a syringe of poison into my face to paralyze the muscles around my eyes and all will be well. Sounds pretty silly, huh? I always thought so, that is, until today.

I was struck by a wild hair, my man out of town, and a brand new wireless phone just begging to be used. I dialed the seven numbers standing between myself and relief (no, my plastic surgeon isn't on speed dial) and waited anxiously for the ringing in my ear to cease.

Hello, my name is Jula Jane and I'd like to come in for Botox injections. When? I can be there in fifteen minutes! Great, I'm on my way.

In less time than you can buy a pair of shoes my crows feet were gone. Hallelujah!! I'm five years younger. Just like that.

For the naysayers out there, I say, "Don't knock it until you try it."

No comments: