Friday, February 22, 2008

Weekend Date

I'm writing an article for Points North magazine on the Southern Living show home in Big Canoe (<-that's not it by the way, duh!) and as a result I was forced OTP (Outside the Perimeter), Gasp!

I'm happy to say that I not only survived the long-haul but came away with a great idea for a weekend date. To all of those in love or looking to renew their love, I suggest renting a mountaintop home in Big Canoe.
You can literally shack up with your sweetheart all weekend long or take in the sites, which include miles of nature trails, lakes, and bears-oh, my! They have restaurants on site, a gift shop and some of the nicest people around. It's the perfect way to get away from your daily routine and do some much-needed bonding.
As for me, my honey's across the ocean so I'm going to curl up with my high-maintenance dog, a good book, and, dare I say, my favorite carbs. Yummy.

No comments: